Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome Bags – Hunter Reception

I have been planning our welcome bags for months, it’s one of my favourite wedding projects and today with the help of a great mate, we worked all day & finished them finally !!!

I wanted to make a goodie bag filled with treats & all the little things you might have forgotten or would like when arriving at a hotel. Now the tricky part …. quantity & cost ….. we have to make 70 and have a budget of $8.50 per bag MAX ! I had some great ideas of what I could include but things could get expensive quickly, so I had to think of fun & creative ways to fill up the bags on a budget.

I have dropped the canvas bag idea and gable boxes are out too as they are both expensive, instead I have opted for a natural brown bag with a big welcome sticker on the front.

For the contents we called in a favors, changed & swapped out items & bought in bulk to save on the cost but not quality.

1 x Mini bottle of Pink blush champagne $ 4.50
1 x Mini bottle of coke $0.95
2 x plastic wine glasses $free
1 x pkt kettle chips $0.95
1 x Block of Cadbury chocolate $1.40
1 x pkt of Wine charms (DIY)
2 x jars of local hunter valley jam $1.00
1 x pkt of Disney Princess tissues $ 0.10
1 x pkt of Disney Princess tissues $ 0.10
2 x pkts of chewing gum $free
1 x tube of cocoa butter hand crème $free
1 x mini bottle of hand sanitiser $free
1 x local information pack, map, brochures & weekend schedule

The final contents & cost $9.00 per bag

Unfortunately the pictures aren’t that great but I will take more and replace them when I have a chance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How in the world did you get the chewing gum, hand sanitizer and lotion for free?!? I'm obviously doing something wrong and need your advise!!