Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dressing the Ladies


I’m feeling very relieved this week as the bridesmaids have decided on their dresses!

As I find it difficult enough selecting my own clothes (let alone a wedding dress!) I thought it would be good to let the girls select their own dress. I still think this is  great decision as although I'm buying them, they have to wear, but the mistake I made was not asking one of them to take charge of the process.

I did have one request & that was to try & work in with our soft, earthy, casual feel. My preference would be to avoid harsh bold colours in thick shiny fabrics like taffetas & opt for something softer that was more fun & comfortable vs severe & formal.   
 
The problem was the process was too drawn out. No one wanted to step on anyone’s toes, everyone was so polite, yet could not agree, all this meant that no decisions were made for a long time & decisions that were made were second guessed & changed, which frustrated everyone. What I believed to be a thoughtful & generous approach (as I hadn’t wanted to be “that Bride” that picked the dress they hated!) had somehow been misconstrued as lazy & shirking my wedding planning responsibility.

So some quick & final decisions were in order, we picked a dress that I think everyone seems to like and we have compromised on the colour and gone with a pastel pink. I did love the yellow but pink is fine. We have ordered matching wraps, just in case it’s gets colder in the evening.


The Dress (in pastel pink)


 
I had already purchased the shoes and clutches and I found the earring & hair clips last weekend. The Disney bracelet is a little surprise I got for everyone last year when we were planning to have a larger Disneyland wedding.

the final outfit for the ladies ....


No comments: