Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hunter Valley Wedding Recap ~ Part 5 ~ Girls Getting Ready

~ Saturday ~

 The morning was fun and fairly relaxed with only a few hiccups. We woke early and had breakfast together, before DF headed to one of the groomsmen’s villa’s to get ready with the boys, so the girls, my niece and mum could came to our place for hair, makeup and to get ready. 

We'd hoped for a sunny day (especially after all the flooding issues) and quickly realised it was going to get HOT! when DF left at 8.30am it was already 28ºC

Our hair & makeup artists were lovely and very patient with everyone to make sure we all looked our very best. We had a hiccup when one of the bridesmaid dresses didn't fit, luckily Emma our makeup artist, came to the rescue with a temporary fix using the wraps to convert our strapless dresses into halter neck dresses. Very rough and not the best look but it seemed to work ok and we were already on time.

 A few snaps from the morning …
  
getting my make-up done  
 
 
The girls
 



The flowers arrived mid-morning, dropped off by the lovely Tanya from Angel Blooms. The flowers were absolutely phenomenal! a gorgeous mix of peonies, lisianthus and a few gardenias for sent.
 
my flowers & jewellery

   
 
The boys had problems of their own during the morning and it held up our photographers, so we were all ready to go when Julie, our photographer arrived. Thankfully we had just enough time for a few quick photos, before we had to go, but not as many as I had hoped/planned for.  
 
Looking back it is the one thing I am most disappointed about as I so wanted to get special photos with each of the girls and my parents. Throughout the day I did manage to get photos with most in group scenario’s, but I missed out on a photo with my niece and we only had one with my parents as part of the family group.
 
 Everyone has parts of their day that are super important to them and if photos are on that list for you, ensure you make a checklist and ask your photographer to do a quick check and ensure you have all your must have pictures as you dont get a second chance.

 my clutch


 
my shoes!
 
 
 
Next up...... the Boys getting ready


No comments: